The Magus Killers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The Magus Killers

Post by Luner on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Sieg didn't seem to have a problem with taking point for Claude as his body language suggested that he was used to it.

He offered a smile to the boy before pulling his hands out of his coat pockets. "My name is Hart, his is Cohle. We came to town because we heard about some irregular weather and wanted to get a report on it from the locals for the Massachusetts paper."

The aliases and fabrication rolled off of Sieg's tongue without a second of thought or hesitation.
Luner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Debonaire on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:55 pm

"Yeah, the two of ya sure don't look like you're from around here," the boy laughed a bit, "that's okay, though. I'm not either. I've just been working here a few months. Shipping. Locals keep to themselves. I'm Mark, by the way." He offered a small wave.

Mark glanced at the stone-faced Claude for a moment, then quickly looked back to the kinder-looking Sieg. "The weather? Yeah... all sorts of weird stuff's been happening," he said, then, leaning forward, he whispered: "I saw lights... like glowy stuff... in the ocean."
Debonaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luner on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 pm

"What kind of 'glowy stuff'?" Sieg asked as he raised an eyebrow.

The boy seemed to be the main lead Sieg would have, so he took out his notepad and began to jot down notes about what he was saying.
Luner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Debonaire on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 pm

Once Sieg took out his notepad, Mark drew back. He itched the back of his neck nervously. "Listen, man, forget I said anything... people 'round here don't like it when strangers come in asking questions and stuff. I saw some lights, that's all. Nothing really to report on," he said.

Claude narrowed his eyes suspiciously at this boy's sudden change in behavior, then glanced over his shoulder. From behind, an old man was approaching. Some of the locals and dock workers exchanged anxious looks.

The old man stopped a few paces from Sieg and Claude, ignoring them and staring directly at Mark. "Still on lunch break, eh?" he asked with a gravelly voice, "I think you ought to get back to work, kid. Lots more to do."

"Yessir, Mr. Galway," Mark said, then scurried off.

Mr. Galway set his gaunt hands on his hips. He had sunken, wrinkled features that shadowed his dark eyes and a grey beard that hung a few inches from a protruding jawline. Scars marked his hands, face, and neck, likely from much time spent at sea. He looked between Claude and Sieg. "Something I can help you gentlemen with? Or are you going to keep bothering my workers?" he asked.
Debonaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2